As part of the final phase of Coldspring’s consolidation plan from its downtown location to the West Campus in Cold Spring, Minnesota, the construction of the new corporate headquarters was completed in 2007.
Coldspring Headquarters Awarded LEED® Gold Certification
The 22,500-square-foot facility, designed and constructed following the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system, is designed to increase productivity and make for a more efficient and integrated operations. The new corporate headquarters houses approximately 150 people, and is one of seven buildings on the 435-acre site.
The energy-efficient and environmentally responsible building features:
• Reused materials from the former office, as well as integration of local material from Coldspring, along with other low-emitting materials.
• Nearly half of building materials used were extracted, processed and manufactured within 500 miles of the facility, reducing the environmental impact from ground transportation.
• A bike rack and shower/changing room to promote alternative transportation. Preferred parking for low-emitting/fuel-efficient vehicles and car/van pool parking is also available.
• Healthy indoor air quality through close control of the building’s heating and cooling, including adequate ventilation and proper filtration.
• Expansive use of natural light and minimal water consumption through low-flush toilets and reduced flow faucets.
• Stormwater retention ponds to control runoff and recharge area groundwater.